What to do when you receive your DNA testing kit…
Thank you for ordering your DNA test with us. In this video the Director of Complement Genomics Ltd, Louise Allcroft, guides you through the DNA testing process including some important advice concerning the signing of the consent from, taking the sample and returning them to our laboratory (please note there is one swab per donor, not two as it says in the video).
- The contents of the kit are: A consent form, a labeled sampling swab (one for each person), a prepaid returns envelope, a communicating with you sheet and the receipt form.
- Please check the consent form for accuracy and if you are happy with this, please have all participating persons sign where indicated. If any details on the consent form are incorrect, please correct them on the consent form. We cannot process your samples unless we have signed consent of all of those taking part in the test.
- Please wash your hands before taking the sample and we advise donors to not smoke, eat or drink (except water) in the hour before sampling.
- Match the labeled swab to the person being tested and one at a time, snap the seal, take the swab out of the container (do not touch the tip), insert into the mouth, press onto the cheek and rub the swab in a circular motion 8 to 10 times. Place the swab back into the container and press the lid into place.
- Please put the swabs and the signed consent form into the prepaid envelope and post! Please retain the receipt form, which contains your case number, just in case you need to contact us.